On Monday, November 7, Brent will have its annual enrollment audit day. Beginning at 9 a.m. students will be counted in their classrooms by an independent team of enrollment auditors. Through this process, Brent’s enrollment is verified. Please make sure your child attends school on November 7! Brent’s funding depends on making sure all students are counted.
The always amazing Math night is this Thursday! We hope to see you there for Brent’s 9th annual celebration of math with a night of math games for all K-5 families. Pizza will be served at 6:00 and the games begin at 6:30. See the attached flyer for more information. ASL Interpreters will be provided. Come and have sum fun!
On October 27, 2016 from 6:00 - 7:00 PM, we will be having our annual International Night. Each year Brent comes together as a community to celebrate our diversity and background. There is amazing food from various countries; Friends, fellow parents, and Brent kids dressed up in saris, lederhosen, waving flags — you name it! International Night offers up a POTLUCK dinner with food from around the globe for everyone to enjoy and includes the fabulous Kid’s International Fashion Show, international dances, and more!
To make this a fabulous and educational evening for our students we are asking for help with the following (please mark accordingly on this spreadsheet).
1. Since this is a potluck dinner we are asking for volunteers to make/bring a dish from any world culture.
2. We need volunteers to organize the food the evening of October 27 (i.e. putting labels on the food, organizing where the food goes)
3. We need many volunteers to bring in artifacts from various cultures and to label/organize those artifacts so our students can experience more than just a culture's cuisine but rather learn about a culture through it's history.
4. We need volunteers to set up as well as clean up from the event.
5. We are asking for students to be a part of the International Fashion Show by dressing in apparel from their culture as well as students and/or adults to perform music from their culture
If you are interested in helping or having your child participate in the Fashion Show or perform a cultural piece of music please email Mr. Krohn no later than Monday October 24.
On Friday morning, the Brent Bears had a school-wide assembly to read and review the school-wide rules. Download them here. Principal Young encourages everyone to take time to review them with your child(ren). Ask lots of "why" questions, like, "why is it important for everyone to try their best and to not say 'I can't.'" This should create opportunities for rich discussions.
Did you pick out some uniform items at the used uniform table or want to donate to the program? You found the place to do it! All donations are given to the school to purchase uniforms for students in need.
The PTA needs your skills to make the magic happen at Brent. Please let us know how you would like to help Brent this year by filling out this survey: www.tinyurl.com/helpbrentbears