The LSAT is composed of parents and teachers and advises Principal Young on academic, structural and curriculum matters at Brent. The LSAT also works with Principal Young to build the school budget provided by DCPS.
Issues before the LSAT have included but are not limited to:
- Evaluating effectiveness of teacher partners
- Deliberating and approving an Assistant Principal for 2016-17 school year.
- Working with Principal to find funds in the DCPS budget and leveraging PTA funding
- Approval of the hiring of Behavior Tech
- Monitoring enrollment numbers at Brent at all grades levels and deciding on class structure and number of classes at each grade
- Reviewing test scores and achievement gap at Brent and discussing and evaluating curriculum approaches to addressing shortfalls and supporting advanced students.
- Requesting designated funds from PTA to support curriculum programs at Brent that DCPS does not support due to budget constraints.