Brent's annual International Night will be on Friday January 11th from 6 - 7:30 p.m.! International Night is an evening celebrating and embracing the diversity of our school through cultural artifacts, musical performance, food, and crafts.
To make this a fabulous and educational evening for our students we are asking for help with the following (please mark accordingly on the following spreadsheet): https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/17Sb4dfcEe57q9Gsv9ImkItvtfe9h3c0wbtI8DNs90wA/edit?usp=sharing
1. We are asking for volunteers to make/bring a dish from any world culture (it doesn't have to be enough to feed an army! Just enough so people can have a taste).
2. We need volunteers to organize the food the evening of January 11 (i.e. putting labels on the food, organizing where the food goes)
3. We need many volunteers to bring in artifacts from various cultures and to label/organize those artifacts so our students can experience more than just a culture's cuisine but rather learn about a culture through its history.
4. We need volunteers to set up as well as clean up from the event.
5. We are asking for students to be a part of the International Fashion Show by dressing in apparel from their culture as well as students and/or adults to perform music from their cultures
6. We will have a craft/flag making table for students (and adults) to learn about flags from various countries as well as make them.
7. This is a green event – please bring water bottles for filling at water fountains.